top of page

ABOUT US

St. Joseph's Church on Berkeley Road, Dublin, Ireland is the Roman Catholic church of the Berkeley Road Parish. 


Originally a wooden chapel of ease was built here in 1870 until its replacement with the building of the current granite church.

The granite building was designed by the architects O'Neill and Byrne with construction beginning in 1875 and was completed and consecrated in 1880.

The Berkeley Road Parish was established in 1890 from St. Michan's. The parish is called Berkeley Road even though the church is located on Berkeley Street.

To celebrate the establishment of the parish, the North-Western bell tower was constructed between 1892-3 to the designs of John L. Robinson.

Parish Church.jpg
bottom of page